Spokane Attorney Parenting Plan Modification

Either parent has the right to ask the court for a modification of a parenting plan if a substantial change of circumstance has occured.  The modification must be in the best interests of the child. If either of the parents want to move, and that move would affect the parenting plan, then they must file a petition for modification or relocation. The judge would look to see if the move was a substantial change in circumstances and whether it is in the best interest of the child to relocate with that specific parent to another city, state, or country.

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to gain guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. No attorney-client relationship is created based on information in this website.